Community Planner (UK Lead)
Account Planning · London Temporarily Remote
JOIN OUR MISSION 🚀
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Community Planner to join the team to oversee social handles for Twitch UK.
A passion for gaming and culture is essential and experience working across multiple platforms is required. If you want to think, talk and write about games all day, then this is a dream role for you. Remarkable copywriting is essential for this role.
This role involves working closely with marketing departments, global social teams and agencies. We need someone who can collaborate well and create brilliant ideas that resonate with highly-engaged audiences. This person needs to be able to take these ideas and execute them across the social channels with ease and flair. Most of all, we need someone who lives and breathes the culture and is fluent in the language of Twitch.
The main objective of the role is to raise the bar on social for one of the best brands in the world. It’s a creative role but also requires quick thinking, being reactive to trends and being incredibly organised.
- Responsible for the overall output across the footprint of brand channels with a predominant focus on Twitter.
- Creating and reviewing monthly content frameworks for all social channels and daily monitoring of social channels
- Looking for daily opportunities to be reactive with content
- Daily responding to the community on social media (not customer service)
- Liaising directly with brand marketing team to create the social content calendar
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Providing input with paid social planning
- Monitoring trends and informing the wider team
- Dreaming up new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Being the guardian of the brand in social media
- Completing work to a deadline and often under pressure
- Contributing to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintaining effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years community management experience
- A passion for gaming and culture
- Finger on the pulse for trends (social, cultural, gaming, music).
- A brilliant creative writer
- Amazing knowledge of social media
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- An inquisitive mindset
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour