Production Manager (Casting and Talent Specialist)
Account Planning · London Temporarily Remote
JOIN OUR MISSION 🚀
We’re looking for a creative producer to join our expanding production team, and deliver shoots in all their forms. This person will play a lead role in casting talent, creators and influencers for complex campaigns, and be the main point of contact within the agency for casting.
Alongside this they will lead on pre-production and post-production processes, as well as the shoot days themselves.
We’re looking for someone with strong project management and communication skills, as well as contacts and experience in the casting industry.
- Researching and casting talent including actors, models, creators and influencers.
- Building and managing relationships with agents and managers.
- Negotiating and managing the talent contracting process.
- Managing invoicing and payment processes.
- Review creative concept and visual concept to assess project feasibility. Can it be done within time and budget? Are there any production constraints? Can the PM think of a creative solution to making it possible?
- Attend Byte creative review prior to client approval.
- Attend Byte design review prior to client approval.
- Develops and owns production timing plan from client brief through to final delivery of files.
- Develops and distributes Byte shot list, and call sheet (shoot schedule).
- Develops initial production ‘ballpark’ estimate based on concept / initial requirements.
- Develops detailed production cost estimate for client review.
- Uses the Byte Production Rate Card to develop cost estimate.
- Reconciliation of all budgets post shoot, within 3 days of shoot ending.
Third Party Costs
- Negotiates all third party costs to get the best value for money possible.
- Negotiates all usage fees.
- Manages key production milestones on all projects that involve a shoot (either internal or third party produced).
- Ensures delivery of shoot brief (includes casting and location brief).
- Ensures that the shoot brief is signed off by the client before work starts.
- Support Develops PPM Deck (working with other disciplines as necessary).
- Records what works and what doesn’t for any shoot related “Wrap” meetings.
Direct Freelancer Hires
- Check all internal solutions before resorting to a freelancer.
- Manage all onboarding of shoot related freelancers.
Third Party Management
- Engages all 3rd parties required to deliver a shoot.
- Develops and updates roster of prefered suppliers and freelancers.
- Works closely with Creative Planners to ensure that their creative vision is achieved.
- Contribute to the creative process with creative production solutions.
- Works closely with the Account Planner and Production Manager to achieve clear client communication.
- Make sure that everyone is clear of their role and what is expected of them on set.
- To be solution orientated - Explore all the options before pushing back.
- Flag when you feel we have commited to something we can’t deliver.
- Flag any production issues or implications caused by internal or client delays.
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 2+ years’ experience in roles involving production assistant or production management
- Experience in casting and street casting
- Experience producing campaigns for social media
- Experience managing production planning for campaigns
- Experience working on consumer brands
- Strong client communication skills
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour