Head of Media
Media · New York
We need someone to lead the paid media offering across all our clients while making sure it’s collaborative and closely integrated with creative, tech, and account planning. This person will provide visionary leadership around paid media, supporting our media planners and buyers with strategic guidance, personal development, and training. They will innovate our offering and help us do outstanding work that delivers true ROI for our clients. They will understand the complexities of measurement in a changing digital landscape, the latest industry trends, and the way that media channels work in tandem.
This person will report to the Managing Director at Byte NYC. They will work closely with their peers in NYC (Heads of each discipline) as well as our Head of Media in London to deliver exceptional work.
Candidates must have experience managing teams and complex media campaigns for brands. They must be calm and controlled in high-pressure situations. Equally, experience with delivering success in an agency model is important.
The role of Head of Media is exciting, varied, and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Provide personal development and training support to media planners (currently a team of 6)
- Support media planners and analysts in delivering the best possible work
- Work with media planners to develop paid media strategies and oversee plans to deliver them
- Develop and oversee processes for delivering the work and managing multiple workstreams
- Innovate our offering working closely with tech, creative and analytics, to ensure we’re taking advantage of the latest tech and advanced approaches
- Drive forward the agency’s overall paid media offering, working closely with the UK team to collaborate and drive forward our proposition globally
- Manage strategic relationships with third parties and suppliers
- Work with senior clients and consult on key strategy projects
- Participate in new business pitches
The Head of Media will be expected to deliver:
- Team leadership: resulting in the happiness, retention, and quality output of media planners
- Media innovation: making us the best partner for our clients, doing the most advanced work with new platforms and new technology
- Growth of our offering into new paid channels (currently heavily focused on Paid Social)
- Market-leading strategy and hands-on knowledge of platforms, working directly with our clients to provide solutions
- Overseeing analytic work across both organic and paid social, including delivery of reporting dashboards
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 5+ years relevant experience within a paid media role
- 5+ years relevant experience within social media marketing
- 3+ years experience with team leadership
- Expert understanding of cross-channel digital paid media, particularly paid social
- Extensive experience on both brand and performance campaigns.
- Extensive experience in strategy, working with a range of business goals and verticals
- Advanced skills with Facebook/Instagram Ads, Snapchat Ads, Google Ads, Twitter Ads, YouTube and Pinterest Ads
- Familiarity with Display, Search, VOD and Amazon
- Familiarity with CRM channels, best practice and strategies
- Understanding of organic social; particularly related to analytics as well as the relationship between organic and paid
- Fluent in digital advertising measurement, including advanced attribution methodologies, third party tracking and measurement technology and lift studies
- Experience with third-party analytics tools such as GA or Adobe
- Experience with research tools (social listening/market research tools such as Brandwatch, GWI, Crimson Hexagon etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex subjects simply
- Expert Google Sheets / Excel user
- Ability to work with senior clients on key strategic projects and comfortable presenting to C-level audiences
- Very efficient, producing significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Great interpersonal and listening skills
- Very organized, with high attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and find solutions without help
- Up to date on latest industry trends and innovation - and expects the same from their team
Nice to have:
- Experience working in and loving a start-up environment
- Experience working with APIs and building dashboards using Google Data Studio or Tableau.
- Experience with FMPs such as Smartly.
- Experience with MMPs such as Adjust, Branch or Appsflyer.
- Basic understanding of non-digital media (OOH, TV)