Operations · New York Temporarily Remote
As Byte’s Resource Manager you will be a central point of information for all our current and planned creative projects. You’ll be adaptable and solutions oriented, processing multiple sources of information to ensure we deliver world class creative work in a manner that’s efficient and enjoyable. In this key operational role you will have a view of the entire creative output of the agency, from paid social campaigns, to chatbots to augmented reality lenses.
You’ll be a highly motivated and exceptionally organised person, with an appreciation for design and creativity. You’ll be able to quickly understand the needs of a project and match them with the skills of our Creative Planners and Designers. You’ll get to know the individual skills and working style of every Designer and Creative Planner in depth, ensuring we can assemble the right team for the job
The role of Resource Manager is exciting and fast moving In this role, you will:
- Manage the flow of creative and technical work through the agency by ensuring a good match between the brief/task and the resource you assign
- Maintain an accurate understanding of all current and upcoming creative projects
- Work across all Byte disciplines to assemble the right team
- Plan resource allocation based on quarterly long term planning, fortnightly resource meetings and daily adjustments
- Review daily workloads and ensure all resource has the optimum allocation
- Communicate assigned workload and any changes to relevant teams and individuals
- Source, book and manage freelancers
- Report on project status, workloads and timelines
- Providing training on essential project management tools being employed by the agency including e.g. Asana, Float etc.
- Ensure all staff are logging time and timesheets
- Working together with finance and AP team to reconcile projects / clients
In addition, you will:
- Work with the team to maintain a roster of excellent freelance contacts
- Keep up to date with the latest digital trends
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
- Participate in team training/meetings and events when asked
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below. Essential:
- Experience at a digital/creative agency
- Ability to remain calm and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organisational/time management skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with scheduling and workflow management software
- Knowledge of video and stills production
- A commercial mindset
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Internet research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
Nice to have:
- Experience with social media marketing, understanding its potential and its limitations
- Experience resourcing tech projects
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people.
Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 15 vacation days plus 12 observed public holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- HRA and HSA benefits
- Commuter benefit programme
- Flexible working*
- Mental health first aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training and development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, INCLUSION
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.