Account Planning · New York Temporarily Remote
Account Planners at Byte lead and manage all of the work we deliver for specific clients. We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. This person will develop the strategy for the brands they lead and oversee day-to-day delivery of that strategy. They will represent Byte to our clients, adding value to relationships beyond organisational skills – we want a mixture of an account manager and a planner, not your typical suit.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight and ultimately deliver a tangible ROI for our clients.
The role of Account Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Develop annual strategies, identifying priorities for the year
- Oversee, project manage and work with teams to develop brilliant digital content (creative, production)
- Manage deliverables from across the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Manage budgets for campaigns and always-on activity
- Manage client budgeting
- Manage relationships with platforms and partners
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 3+ years’ experience in roles involving account management and strategic planning
- Experience managing campaigns (experience in paid social preferred)
- Experience managing production planning for campaigns
- Experience working on consumer brands
- Confident with both brand and direct-response campaigns
- Experience leading, motivating and coaching team members
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Advanced problem-solving skills and proficient in working with data
- Excellent organizational skills / time management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong creative skills
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people.
Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 15 vacation days plus 12 observed public holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- HRA and HSA benefits
- Commuter benefit programme
- Flexible working*
- Mental health first aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training and development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, INCLUSION
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.