Creative - Design · London
JOB DESCRIPTION: Design Director
The Design team are constantly imagining, planning, designing and creating impressive and exciting work with both Global and local clients. Some of our work can be seen on our website as well as our Instagram page here; https://www.instagram.com/bytemissioncontrol/
The Design Director role here at Byte is an integral part of the team providing guidance, inspiration and support to 20+ designers at a range of different levels. Our designers often work on projects that require art direction, graphic design, 2D motion, and/or editing. Each designer also has their own specialism, whether it’s illustration or 3D, which means individuals on the team will bring something different to a project.
This is a new exciting role in the business and an amazing opportunity to join the agency at this pivotal moment of growth.
This role would suit someone who is a passionate creative thinker and knows how to get the best out of a passionate & hungry team.
This is a hands-off designing role, but when needed the ability and willingness to get ‘your hands dirty’ to help the team is essential.
- Lead, develop, motivate and inspire the design team as well as encouraging collaboration
- Be the face and voice of design at Byte, to raise the profile of the team
- Suggest best ways of working, and hustle for the best opportunities
- Work with the ECD to build processes, structures and raise the quality of design
- Nurture and build a team of happy and fulfilled designers
- Build a productive and working relationship with other disciplines across the agency to deliver projects
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Explore and work within a variety of different formats and platforms to create global campaigns
- Generate the creative ideas and campaign look and feel
- Deliver and inspire innovative and high quality work across all deliverables from the team
- Collaborate with other designers and creative planners
- Be aware of and respond to current design trends and culture
- Use your experience and ideas to contribute to the development of our creative process
- Present work internally and externally
- Stay up-to-date with industry development and tools
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a Head of/Director of Design role within the creative industry
- Outstanding showreel and/or portfolio
- Experience of growing, inspiring and leading a team of 20+
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high attention to detail and excellent organisational skills / time management skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe creative suite
- Strong aesthetic skills with graphic design principles knowledge
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to remain focused under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- A love for learning new things and exploring new formats
Nice to have:
- Cinema 4D
- Experience with AR/3D
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will be encouraged to follow your passions.
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour