Community Planner / Social Media Manager - Gaming
Account Planning · London Temporarily Remote
JOB DESCRIPTION: Community Planner / Social Media Manager - Gaming
We’re looking for a Community Planner / Social Media Manager to join the team to own the UK social handles for an exciting gaming client! Your main focus will be building a highly engaged and thriving community on social media through insight, content creation, planning and responding.
A passion for culture and gaming is essential and experience working across multiple platforms is required. If you want to think, talk and write about gaming culture and entertainment all day, then this is a dream role for you. The successful candidate will have fantastic communication skills as well as remarkable copywriting skills.
This role involves working closely with marketing departments, global social teams and agencies. We need someone who can create brilliant ideas that resonate with highly-engaged audiences. This person needs to be able to take these ideas and execute them across the social channels with ease and flair. Most of all, we need someone who lives and breathes the culture and is fluent in the language of the gaming world.
The main objective of the role is to raise the bar on social for some of the best brands in the world. It’s a creative role but also requires quick thinking, being reactive to trends and being incredibly organised.
The role of Community Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall output across the footprint of brand channels (Including but not limited to: Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok & beyond).
- Creating and reviewing monthly content frameworks for all social channels and daily monitoring of social channels
- Daily responding to fans on social media (not customer service)
- Liaising directly with brand marketing team to create the social content calendar
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Providing input with paid social planning
- Monitoring trends and informing the wider team
- Briefing designers and managing production deliverables for the market
- Ensuring brand TOV and overall look & feel are adhered to when developing content
- Dealing directly with the client for approvals and responding to requests in a timely manner
- Dreaming up new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Being the guardian of the brand in social media
- Completing work to a deadline and often under pressure
- Contributing to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintaining effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a similar role
- A passion for gaming and internet culture
- Finger on the pulse for trends (social, cultural, gaming, music).
- A brilliant, creative writer
- Amazing knowledge of social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational & time management skills and high attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Training & development opportunities
- Events calendar throughout the year promoting health & wellbeing, learning, fun, and good Bytes
- Global Annual Dept Cares Day which Byte cadets can donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual Dept Festival
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour