Paid Social Planner
Media · Berlin Temporarily Remote
JOB DESCRIPTION: Paid Social Planner
At Byte, we refer to Paid Social Planner as ‘Media Planner’
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. We need someone to deliver smart paid media across several of our clients. This person will develop paid media strategies and deliver those strategies day to day. They will use data and insight in all aspects of the role, ensuring we deliver the most effective campaigns – we want someone who gets data and media.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight.
The role of Media Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Plan, buy and optimise paid social media activity
- Take and respond to client (internal and external) briefs
- Support analysts in delivery of internal and client work with paid insight
- Support planners in delivery of internal and client work with paid planning
- Develop paid media strategies and create key tactical plans to deliver on them
- Deliver media plans to the highest possible standard
- Contribute insights and strategic thinking to all areas of the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Optimise existing paid social media deliverables
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Manage budgets for paid media deliverables
- Research and assess technology solutions, processes and data sources to improve our capabilities
- Liaise with suppliers when relevant
- Present work internally and externally
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- Solid, relevant experience within a paid media based role at a digital/creative agency
- Strong understanding of digital paid media, particularly paid social media
- Advanced proficiency with Ads across a number of social media platforms including but not limited to; LinkedIn, Facebook/Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Twitter. Familiarity with Google Ads is also advantageous
- Advanced proficiency in direct response campaigns
- Familiarity with social media data sources
- Intermediate or higher proficiency Excel skills
- An inquisitive and numeric mindset
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a high attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Familiarity with Pinterest ad buying
- Familiarity with data visualisation techniques
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people.
Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- EAP scheme
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office in Kreuzberg our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour