Freelance Creative - Music (Kenyan Market)
Creative - Planners · London Temporarily Remote
JOB DESCRIPTION: Freelance Creative - Music (Kenyan Market)
For this role, we are scoping approx. 10-12 hours p/w for each market, therefore it would be a part-time opportunity.
Spotify are one of our key clients and we are looking for a talented, music loving Freelance Creative to join our team in London. You will be responsible for running the Spotify social channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.) in Kenya. Tapping into the African music landscape, Kenyan and broader African culture & diaspora and coming up with creative, engagement focused ideas that help inspire customers to listen to music on Spotify.
The role involves working closely with the marketing department, Spotify editorial team and Artist & Label Marketing teams within Spotify to create brilliant ideas and content to share with audiences. Spotify has amazing access to the world’s biggest and best artists, and the Creative planners role is to share this access with Spotify’s customers.
It’s a creative role but also requires quick thinking, being reactive to trends and being incredibly organised. The ability to be able to communicate with clients effectively and some basic administrative skills would also be ideal.
- Creating an ongoing content framework for all social channels
- Social copywriting with an onbrand tone of voice
- Working closely with a skilled design team to produce world class content
- Small level of community management
- Daily monitoring of social channels
- Liaising with Marking Manager & music teams at Spotify to create the social content calendar
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Providing input with paid social planning
- Monitoring music trends and informing the wider team
- Dreaming up new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Being the guardian of the Spotify brand in social media
- Live content capture events
- Completing work to a deadline and often under pressure
- Contributing to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintaining effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- A Passion for African music, specific knowledge of Kenyan artists as well as broader music interest & in depth understanding of Kenyan culture
- A brilliant creative writer
- Some work experience at a digital/creative agency or in a relevant role
- A good understanding of digital and social media marketing with some grasp of its potential and limitations
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrable interest in digital marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Internet research and problem-solving skills
- Organisational & time management skills and high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- A love for learning new things
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a social media role within the music industry
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour