Senior Lead Account Planner
Account Planning · New York Hybrid Remote
JOIN OUR MISSION 🚀
A BIT ABOUT US...
Byte is a marketing technology agency based in London, New York and Berlin on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, Gannett, ASOS, Twitch, Google, Savage X Fenty, J&J and more. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to more than 150 brilliant people.
Byte is part of Dept, a leading digital agency with 27 offices in 13 countries around the world.
- Digital strategy
- Creative idea generation
- Digital content production
- Dynamic creative and assets at scale
- Chatbot design & build
- AR lenses
- Automated digital products
- R&D emerging technologies
- MarTech consultancy
- Paid media strategy
- Biddable media planning & buying
- Automation of processes
- Data analytics & insights
Senior Lead Account Planners at Byte lead on all the work we deliver for specific clients. We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte and as a Senior Lead Account Planner, you’ll work across all four disciplines.
This person will develop the strategy for the brands they lead and oversee day-to-day delivery of that strategy, including managing a team. They will represent Byte to our clients, adding value to relationships beyond organizational skills – we want a mixture of an account manager and a planner, not your typical suit.
Candidates must have experience managing teams and complex campaigns for brands.
This role will predominantly oversee and manage a group of clients in the content space and the people that operate within them autonomously. You will be leading a team that delivers compelling content, innovation and media planning across key markets. You will also have the chance to help define and shape the digital strategy for exciting brands.
You will be responsible for client servicing mid-tier and senior clients alongside the Group Account Head and managing client account(s) and the teams that run them. You will help raise the standard of account planning across Byte.
The role of Senior Lead Account Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will be:
- Delivering industry-leading strategy across group of accounts
- Responsible for strategic short & long-term strategic planning for clients
- Delivering The Wedge and The Wheel across a group of accounts
- Managing Account Planners and Account Executives
- Conscientious of team workload and pushing back with clients as needed
- Hiring and managing team performance
- Forecasting, reconciling and monitoring client revenue and profitability
- Scoping projects and resource management
- Building strong cross-functional relationships with clients
- Looping in senior team members to ensure visibility of work across Byte
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Drive constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Manage budgets for campaigns, always-on activity and overall client budgeting
- Maintain relationships with platforms and partners
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Substantial experience in roles involving account management and strategic planning
- Experience managing complex campaigns (experience in paid social preferred)
- Confident with both brand and conversion/direct-response campaigns
- Experience leading, motivating and coaching team members
- Strong client relationship management skills and the ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Proven experience in producing accurate and fair cost estimates and reconciliation
- A strong negotiator!
- An excellent leader and team player while also being able to operate autonomously
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, meticulous and time management skills
- Able to react quickly and make effective decisions within a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in working with data
- Demonstrates exemplary ways-of-working with creative, media and design
- Able to celebrate wins while also acknowledge fails across the business
- Upholds quality of work and can inspire others to "raise the bar."
- Able to be proactive and take initiative when the opportunity arises
- Can manage upwards effectively
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people.
Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect:
- 20 vacation days, 5 personal/sick days plus 11 observed public holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- FSA and HSA benefits
- 401(k) plus company matching
- Commuter benefit program
- Flexible working*
- Support from mental health first aiders
- Events scheduled throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- A ton of training and development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach may include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.