Lead Account Planner / Senior Account Manager
Account Planning · London Temporarily Remote
* At Byte we refer to a Senior Account Manager as a Lead Account Planner*
Lead Account Planners at Byte lead on all the work we deliver for specific clients. We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte and as an Account Planner you’ll work across all four disciplines.
Working on projects end to end Account Planners develop the strategy for the brands they lead and oversee day-to-day delivery of that strategy; including managing a team. They will represent Byte to our clients, adding value to relationships beyond organisational skills – we want a mixture of an account manager and a planner, not your typical suit.
Candidates must have experience managing teams and complex campaigns for brands.
This role will predominantly be leading on one of our key clients, in the ecommerce space. The role will also offer you the opportunity to work across other accounts once you’re fully onboarded. You will have the chance to help define and shape the digital strategy for exciting brands. You will be leading a team that delivers compelling content, innovation and media planning across key European markets.
The role of Lead Account Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Lead, line-manage, motivate and inspire your team
- Develop annual strategies, identifying priorities for the year
- Oversee, project manage and work with teams to develop brilliant digital content (creative, production)
- Manage deliverables from across the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Manage budgets for campaigns and always-on activity
- Manage client budgeting
- Manage relationships with platforms and partners
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- Extensive experience in roles involving account management and strategic planning
- Experience managing complex campaigns (experience in paid social preferred)
- Experience working on a global brand
- Confident with both brand and conversion/direct-response campaigns
- Experience leading, motivating and coaching team members
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Brilliant written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong creative skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Proficient in working with data
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour