Lead Creative Planner
New York - New York
Creatives, known as Creative Planners at Byte, are responsible for coming up with ideas that capture audience’s attentions, inspire behavior change and make a real difference to our clients’ businesses. We need someone to help lead this team and help us innovate our creative offering.
As a Lead Creative Planner, this person will be able to develop brilliant ideas whilst guiding and motivating the people around them. They’ll be able to support other creative planners with creative and strategic guidance, personal development and training, unlocking the personal strengths of the individuals they oversee. They will work closely with Designers, (Motion / AR / Conversation) and videographers, editors, photographers to execute their ideas with a high level of craft.
This role requires close collaboration and integration with all areas of the business (media, tech and data) and this person will be expected to be able to frame their work in a solid strategy that’s grounded in insight and underpinned by a deep understanding of digital platforms and paid advertising formats.
The Lead Creative Planner will be expected to deliver:
- Continuously excellent creative work: coming up with ideas both big and small across a range of our clients and seeing these through to production
- Team leadership: work with the Head of Creative and other Lead Creative Planners to foster a stimulating environment, resulting in the happiness, retention and quality output of creative planners
- Creative innovation: helping us to grow our creative offering
- Creative collaboration with designers to execute ideas
- Pushing to continuously raise the quality of our craft
The role of Lead Creative Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Lead creative projects, finding new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Oversee and support creative planners in delivering the best possible work
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Play a key role in production, including overseeing and planning shoots
- Present work to senior clients
- Innovate our offering, making sure we’re taking advantage of the latest tech and most advanced approaches, as well as expanding into new platforms
- Participate in new business pitches
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 5+ years relevant experience within a creative advertising role, including copywriting and art direction
- Experience providing team leadership and inspiration
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience on set, shooting video and stills content
- Expert understanding of digital paid media, particularly paid social media formats
- Exposure to digital marketing campaigns that have increased sales
- Ability to work with senior clients
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and get stuff done on a tight deadline
- A love for learning and teaching new things
- Great interpersonal and listening skills
- A high attention to detail