Creative - Planners · New York
Creative Planners at Byte come up with ideas that capture audiences’ attention, ideas that inspire behavior change and that people want to share – not gimmicks, but communication ideas that make a real difference to our clients’ businesses.
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. Our Creative Planners work with all areas of the business and are responsible for framing ideas within a well thought through strategy. We want a mixture of a creative and a planner whose creative ideas are grounded in strategy.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalized communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight.
The role of Creative Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Take and respond to client (internal and external) briefs
- Come up with and present ideas that stand out from the crowd and will deliver against objectives
- Oversee the development of the ideas from initial presentation through to creative production
- Be involved in copywriting and/or art direction
- Write presentations that get clients excited
- Work with the senior team to put together strategic proposals and recommendations for clients
- Research customer behavior and trends
- Work alongside analysts and get stuck in with social, mobile, digital and customer data to uncover insights that will make a difference
- Write inspiring bullet proof strategies to support creative ideas
- Keep up to date with the latest digital trends
- Work alongside the senior team to develop pitch-winning presentations
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline, sometimes under pressure
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintain relationships with team members and colleagues
- Participate in team training/meetings and events
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 1-3 years relevant experience at a digital/creative agency
- Have created or have been involved with digital marketing campaigns that have increased sales
- Copywriting and art direction experience
- Experience with social media marketing, understanding its potential and its limitations
- Excellent creative skills
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Office
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
● 15 vacation days plus 12 observed public holidays and your birthday off each year
● Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
● HRA and HSA benefits
● Commuter benefit program
● Flexible working*
● Mental health first aiders
● Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
● Training and development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, INCLUSION
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.