Senior Account Planner (Digital & Social)
Account Planning · New York
Lead Account Planners at Byte lead on all the work we deliver for specific clients. We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. This person will develop the strategy for the brands they lead and oversee day-to-day delivery of that strategy; including managing a team. They will represent Byte to our clients, adding value to relationships beyond organizational skills – we want a mixture of an account manager and a planner, not your typical suit.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalized communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight and ultimately deliver a tangible ROI for our clients.
Candidates must have experience managing teams and complex campaigns for brands.
This role will predominantly be leading on one of our key clients in the music streaming space. You will have the chance to help define and shape the digital strategy for one of the most exciting brands in the entertainment world. You will be leading a team that delivers compelling content, innovation and media planning across North America.
The role of Lead Account Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Lead, line-manage, motivate and inspire your team
- Develop annual strategies, identifying priorities for the year
- Oversee, project manage and work with teams to develop brilliant digital content (creative, production)
- Manage deliverables from across the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Manage budgets for campaigns and always-on activity
- Manage client budgeting
- Manage relationships with platforms and partners
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 5+ years experience in roles involving account management and strategic planning
- Experience managing complex campaigns (experience in paid social preferred)
- Experience working on a global brand
- Confident with both brand and conversion/direct-response campaigns
- Experience leading, motivating and coaching team members
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong creative skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Office
- Proficient in working with data